Sunday, December 17, 2017

TOHO ALUMS ASSEMBLE! Showa Scripter and Model Maker Team Up for a Great Event!

Toho scripter Keiko Hisamatsu. Photo by Brett Homenick. 

Last night (December 16), I joined a dinner event with two Toho alumni, both of whom I'd met before. One was Takashi Naganuma, a Toho SFX staffer whom I've blogged about numerous times. The other was someone I hadn't written about here, even though I met her at an event with Sadao Iizuka about two years ago.


That person was Keiko Hisamatsu (now Keiko Suzuki), a Toho scripter (on the SFX side) who began her career at Toho with Battle in Outer Space (1959) and worked on numerous tokusastu productions throughout the '60s. While her entry on the Toho site states that she worked all the way up until Yog Monster from Space (1970), Hisamatsu-san denied that, stating that her final film was Admiral Yamamoto (1968).

Takashi Naganuma. Photo by Brett Homenick. 

Of course, Naganuma-san was there, too, and he was great fun to hang out with, as usual. The Toho talk was quite limited, and we spent most of our time talking about more mundane things like cell phones (seriously). I guess you had to be there.


And that's it. It was a lot of fun, naturally, and the folks there (including the special guests) couldn't have been any nicer. I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment