Tuesday, December 19, 2017

SHINICHI YANAGISAWA AND HIS ALL-STARS! It's Christmastime at the HUB Asakusa!

 Shinichi Yanagisawa takes the stage. Photo by Brett Homenick.

Tonight, I attended another great live jazz show with Shinichi Yanagisawa and His All-Stars. While there was certainly a Christmas theme to the proceedings, there were just as many non-Christmas songs performed. All in all, it was very entertaining.


Shinichi Yanagisawa, of course, is a longtime actor and singer. He is best known in the West for playing Miyamoto in The X from Outer Space (1967) and has starred in countless movies since the 1950s, mostly for Nikkatsu and Shochiku.


He's also one heck of a nice guy, and I always look forward to seeing him. I was able to give him my Christmas card, which I do every year. Can't wait to return to the HUB in two months!

No comments:

Post a Comment