Sunday, November 12, 2017

NIKKATSU NIGHT! Meeting a Notable Player from the Studio's History!

 Keisuke Noro. Photo by Brett Homenick.

On Saturday night, I was privileged to meet former Nikkatsu Studios actor Keisuke Noro. Of course, Noro-san has no connection at all to tokusatsu, but my interest in Japanese movies goes well beyond the monsters.


Noro-san's career at Nikkatsu dates back to the 1950s. Among his better-known credits in the West are Seijun Suzuki's Take Aim at the Police Van (1960) and the cult classic A Colt Is My Passport (1967), both of which were released by Criterion. In fact, I had my DVD sleeves of both signed by Noro-san.


It was a great evening in the company of an actor who rarely makes personal appearances. In the future, I'll be sure to seek out more films in which Keisuke Noro is featured.

No comments:

Post a Comment