Monday, September 12, 2016

SEEING FUMIO ISHIMORI'S NEW PLAY! Asakusa Is the Place to Be!

Fumio Ishimori stands outside the theater in Asakusa. Photo by Brett Homenick.

On Sunday, I had an opportunity to take in the new comedy play written by Fumio Ishimori (a.k.a. Shiro Ishimori). Ishimori-san is a longtime screenwriter who has written numerous films for Nikkastu and Shochiku studios.  

Fumio Ishimori signs my DVD sleeve of Crest of the Wolf. Photo by Brett Homenick. 

For Toho, he wrote the horror film Crest of the Wolf (1973) with Jun Fukuda. He also wrote several episodes of the original Kamen Rider (1971-73), as well as episodes of Ultraman Ace (1972-73) and Zone Fighter (1973).


When I found out about Ishimori-san's play, I knew I had to check it out. Thankfully, my Sunday afternoon was open, and I was able to make it. It was an enjoyable parody with a Lupin III-type character as the focal point, and it had the audience laughing throughout.

With Ishimori-san and many of the cast members.

Afterward, we posed for photos and chatted a bit. I also got to meet many of the cast, and everyone was quite friendly. I look forward to seeing his next play!

No comments:

Post a Comment