Monday, September 12, 2016

SEARCHING FOR THE GHOST OF YOTSUYA! I Ain't Afraid of No Yurei!


On Saturday night, I made a stop at Yotsuya Station. Whenever I come to Yotsuya, I can't help but to think of the famous Japanese ghost story "The Ghost of Yotsuya." This tale has been made into feature films several times over many years, though the 1959 version directed by Nobuo Nakagawa is widely considered to be the best.


Unfortunately, I didn't see any ghosts, yurei, spirits, or anything else hanging out in either the JR or Marunouchi train platform, but it was nonetheless a fun thing to do.


While there, I noticed that the next station on the Marunouchi Line, Yotsuya-sanchome, had an interesting designation. It must be a station whose popularity could conquer Asia. Well, maybe not.

No comments:

Post a Comment