Wednesday, June 29, 2016

ULTRAMAN IN IKEBUKURO! The Hero from M78 Celebrates his 50th Anniversary!

An Ultraman statue keeps a watchful eye outside the Tokyu Hands in Ikebukuro. Photo by Brett Homenick.

It's 2016, and Ultraman is currently enjoying his 50th anniversary. This is especially true in Ikebukuro where not only will the annual Ultraman Festival be held in July, but the Ultra Goods Fair is running between June 20 and July 15 on the first floor of the Tokyu Hands right outside of Sunshine City. 


The Ultra Goods Fair overall takes up a rather small section of Tokyu Hands, but if you're a collector who can't spend your own money fast enough, there are a lot of tempting treats.


I had no idea the Ultra Goods Fair was happening, but I'm glad I caught it in time. I didn't buy anything, but I usually go out of my way not to spend money.


As you can see, the goodies were quite good. After leaving the Ultra Goods Festival, I made my way over to the giant Ultraman statue and snapped some photos.


This year, Ultraman Festival runs from July 22 until August 28. I may attend this year, and if I do, you know where to find photos of the event.


And there you have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment