Friday, April 29, 2016

KAMEN RIDER BLACK MEETS BILLY THE KID! Meeting Actor Tetsuo Kurata!

Tetsuo Kurata's restaurant Billy the Kid in Koto, Tokyo. Photo by Brett Homenick.

On the agenda today was a trip to Koto, Tokyo, where I ate at the restaurant Billy the Kid for the first time. The food I ate was delicious, but there was another reason I visited the restaurant.


The restaurant owner is Tetsuo Kurata, an actor best known for starring in Kamen Rider Black (1987-88) and Kamen Rider Black RX (1988-89). Kamen Rider Black RX got the Power Rangers treatment by Saban in the mid-1990s and was broadcast in the States as Masked Rider (1995-96).

I watched several episodes of both series several years ago and enjoyed it quite a bit. Kurata-san was very approachable and friendly, and I look forward to meeting him again.

No comments:

Post a Comment