Sunday, October 25, 2015

SCENES FROM HAKONE! Out and About in One of Japan's Most Beautiful Areas!

The scenery just outside of Hakone-Yumoto Station is absolutely stunning. Photo by Brett Homenick.

On October 24, I got up early to attend a special event in Hakone. The ride from Tokyo to my final destination took quite a long time, but it was well worth it. It was my first time in the area in two years, but this time I was actually able to enjoy the scenery and take some photos.


As soon as you leave Hakone-Yumoto Station, you are immediately treated to some beautiful scenes that any shutterbug will be compelled to photograph. But this is only the beginning.


A nearby tourist destination is Lake Ashi, which I would highly recommend. I got to spend a bit of time out there, but I hope someday to take the cruise on the pirate ship!


In a shop's window, some familiar faces (Ultraman Taro, Baltan Seijin, Super Sentai, and Kamen Rider Ryuki) were seen.


Lake Ashi in Hakone is gorgeous, but my guess is that there's only one way to experience it.


Who wouldn't love to see Lake Ashi from a pirate ship? If you're interested in checking this tour out, the official Hakone Sightseeing Cruise Web site has your hookup.

No comments:

Post a Comment