Tuesday, September 8, 2015

BREAKING BREAD WITH ULF OTSUKI! Chowing Down with Kamen Rider Drive's Harley Hendrickson!

Ulf Otsuki gives his favorite local Indian restaurant a pair of thumbs up. Photo by Brett Homenick.

On Sunday, September 6, I visited the home of actor Ulf Otsuki. While I'll always know him as the bearded Seatopian agent from Godzilla vs. Megalon, Ulf-san has gained a brand-new following in the tokusatsu world by recently playing Dr. Harley Hendrickson in Toei's Kamen Rider Drive.


In fact, Ulf-san and I sat down to watch his Kamen Rider Drive episode at his home, and then we followed that up by watching one of his favorite films, The Mikado (1939). Ulf-san has wanted to show me The Mikado for quite a while, but this was our first opportunity to sit down and watch it. I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed it. I can see why he he's been wanting to show me the film for so long!

Hanging out with Ulf Otsuki at an Indian restaurant.

After that, we headed to a nearby Indian eatery and dined on some excellent curry as well as some other spicy treats. We talked about a wide range of topics, including current events in America. It was a very enjoyable evening, and I'm already anxious for the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment