Sunday, August 9, 2015

SCENES FROM ASAKUSA! Visiting Tokyo's Traditional District!

A view of the Tokyo Sky Tree and Asahi Flame, as seen from the streets of Asakusa. Photo by Brett Homenick.

Today I paid a special visit to Asakusa, and while there, I took some photos of the familiar sights there. While I've been to Asakusa several times during my four-plus years in Japan, there's always something interesting to photograph!

The famous Kaminarimon gate, which stands outside Sensoji Temple in Asakusa. Photo by Brett Homenick. 

The main reason I took a trip to Asakusa will be covered in the following blog post. But, before I get to that, I wanted to share some of the views of Asakusa that I saw today.

Seeing Sensoji Temple from Nakamise Street, a heavily-trafficked shopping area in Tokyo. Photo by Brett Homenick.

It's always fun to visit Asakusa, even in the summer heat with the bustling crowds. Many tourists from China and Korea were on hand today, which is a growing trend in Japan. Still, despite the crowds (and heat), it was a fun time.

No comments:

Post a Comment