Monday, August 17, 2015

OSAKA CASTLE STORY! Finally Seeing This Memorable Location in Person!

"Hey, I thought it was going to be a lot bigger!" A miniature replica of Osaka Castle. Photo by Brett Homenick.

One iconic image in the Godzilla series is Godzilla's battling Angilas near Osaka Castle in Godzilla Raids Again (a.k.a. Gigantis the Fire Monster, 1955). I remember seeing the same publicity still from that scene in just about every monster book that came out in the 1980s. Therefore Osaka Castle was location I had my eye on for quite some time, and on August 16, I was finally able to pay it a visit.

The pictures below are self-explanatory; they're of Osaka Castle and the surrounding area. They say a picture's worth a thousand words, and who am I to argue? Let's get to the good stuff.






No comments:

Post a Comment