Sunday, April 27, 2014

TIME FOR REFLECTION: A Sunday to Remember


Sunday, April 27, turned out to be a very busy day for me, and was quite an emotional rollercoaster. I started the day by attending the funeral of William Ross. Although I figured I'd only be a spectator, I actually served as a pallbearer. Suffice it to say, it was a true honor. I was moved by the ceremony, and it made me reflect on the important things in life. Rest in peace, Mr. Ross.


Following the funeral, I made my way over to Super Festival. Akira Takarada was joined by Koichi Kawakita (who was an unbilled guest) onstage for his talk show. I joined the session with only about two minutes remaining, so I missed the announcement that Takarada-san's cameo has been left on the cutting room floor.

While the interview was wrapping up, I met Kikaider star Daisuke Ban while he was getting ready to begin his interview. We shook hands, and he seemed to remember me from our meeting in Los Angeles four years ago. Still, with all the autograph signings sold out, there wasn't much else for me to do at the show, except look at some overpriced toys.


I did get to meet Kawakita-san again and get his autograph. Kawakita-san, of course, will be a guest at this summer's G-FEST. I also got to meet Takarada-san just before he sat down for his signing. I handed him a birthday card and told him about my new digs. He was very happy to hear about it.


After that, I returned home. What a day it was, full of ups and downs. Other things are in the works, so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment