Monday, February 13, 2012

Anna Nakagawa discusses Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah

Actress Anna Nakagawa poses with a copy of G-FAN magazine. Photo © Brett Homenick.

Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah has long been one of the genre's most popular entries. The film's star, Anna Nakagawa, played one of the best characters in the Heisei-era Godzilla series, Emmy Kano. However, Ms. Nakagawa's stories have never been covered by Western sources. Until now.

On February 11, 2012, I had the privilege of interviewing Anna Nakagawa for G-FAN magazine. We met at Ulf Otsuki's cafe in the morning and had a laid-back, informal interview (more like a chat, actually) that lasted about 30 minutes. After interviewing so many of the cast and crew of Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah, I wasn't sure there was anything new for me to learn about the movie. I was pleasantly surprised to find out how wrong I was!

The interview in progress.

As tempted as I am to share some anecdotes, I've got to save something for publication! I think everyone who reads the interview will be as impressed as I was. Ms. Nakagawa had many fond (and funny!) memories to share.


That's a wrap! Yours truly with Anna Nakagawa (and G-FAN).

Keep an eye out for the interview in the next few issues of G-FAN! It'll certainly be worth the wait!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Jules. Actually, we tried to get her in 2006 for G-FEST (to pair her with Kazuki Omori), but it didn't happen. Not sure of the reason, as it was before I was in contact with her. She's still very active, but we'll see what happens.

    ReplyDelete